Thanksgiving this year was weird but fun.
It wasÂ weird because:
1) I didn’t cook for perhaps the first time in years / decades / I don’t know when.
2) We didn’t have turkey for dinner.
3) We didn’t have all of our kids together – 2 were with us, 1 was in California, and 2 were at home.
It was fun because:
1) I didn’t have to cook.
2) We had prime rib for dinner.
3) We got to spend time with my sister-in-law, my brother-in-law, and their 3 kids, one of whom is my god daughter.
We traveled to Iowa where it was cold.
My husband and his sister.Â The kids refer to my husband as Uncle Goofball.
My god daughter attended a dressy dance called Jingle Jam the night before Thanksgiving.Â It was fun to see her dressed up with all of her friends.
My brother-in-law is a bit of a goofball like my husband.Â “That’s not funny, Ed.”Â The first person to guess which movie that line is from gets a gold star.Â This is the kids’ favorite line to use with their uncle.Â My Baby, the Runner went Black Friday shopping with her uncle – at 1:30 a.m.!
The kids had fun in the hot tub.Â Did I mention how cold it was in Iowa?Â It was around 25 degrees when they got in . . . Brrr. . . .
And we played lots of games including one of our favorite card games, Nerts.Â We are a very noncompetitive bunch so it was very low key.Â Not.
We’re looking forward to seeing them again for Cookie Baking Day and then again for New Year’s Eve.Â Lovin’ the holidays this year!